Although it may signify the end of warm summer days, we love Autumn.
From the beautiful change in the leaves bringing golden yellow and burnt orange hues to the once green trees, to wrapping up in chunky knits and being able to hibernate under a knitted throw with a cup of hot chocolate – teamed with the promise of the Christmas festivities in the coming months where nature becomes a little bare for the winter.
It is one of our favourite times of the year!
From snuggly nights in with candles, button up pyjamas and good autumn shows, here’s why we should all get up and do little happy dances about the fact that we’re in the colder months. This is the best season to take early morning walks, while morning dew lingers on the crisp grass and soft mists make a romantic picture of the rolling suburban and city centre landscapes.
- Outside Events. Staying outside watching a display can make you a little chilly (even with a nice mug of mulled wine or hot chocolate) so layering up is key. There’s bound to be at least one November day or night where you think about lighting the fire for the first time, curling up with a chunky knitted throw or lighting a scented candle on a dusky evening. All are simple pleasures that make us happier about the onset of autumn.
- Burnt Oranges and Green Hues. Freshening up the home for the autumn months helps, you certainly don’t have to stick rigidly to a very specific palette especially for smaller accessories and it’s always a nice way to freshen up your home seasonally, with such brilliant colours during this time of year its hard to see why you wouldn’t. Our favourite colours are warm yellow, dark berries and greens such as our Atlas throw.
- Bed. Not feeling guilty about collapsing in bed wrapped in your duvet under piles of cosy throws shortly after dinner. Bad sleeps are a thing of the past with Christy’s bedlinen. It’s already dark alright, meaning its essentially bed time. Plus the added luxury of your electric blanket suddenly springs back into action. Hello old friend, it’s been too long…
- Heating on & Up. The end of the October half term signifies ‘putting the heating on’ time, so, making sure you’ve got a thin layer on underneath your woolies is always a good idea. You can shed layers when you move indoors to continue the celebrations. Fill up your Cashmere Hot Water bottle for a lavish and indulgent treat for chilly nights, this 100% Cashmere hot water bottle in this stunning on trend Light Grey hue is soft and warm and the perfect cuddle buddy to keep you cosy.
- Food. Sausage buns, slow cooked sticky sausages dripping in honey, toasted marshmallows and toffee apples are all on our November to-eat list, but is there anything better than getting home, slippers on, candles lit and snuggling up on the sofa with a lovely cup of tea?
- Experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of the season. Remember, remember when you wrote your name in sparklers? Yes Bonfire Night has been and gone but who doesn’t love the smell of bonfire with welcome undertones of a warming chilli?
- Scented Candles. Dreamy and indulgent autumn candle scents. Why make your home feel light and fresh when you can make it smell like cinnamon apple cake or like a pine scented cabin in the woods?
- Foraging. It’s the month to go foraging for nuts and berries. Woodlands and hedgerows are full of blackberries and hazelnuts, and old-fashioned wild ingredients like damsons, sloes, elderberries and wild strawberries are also in season. Take a tub or two on country walks and bring things home for culinary adventures – just remember to leave enough behind for wildlife.
- Baths & Robes. After a long day at work or a weekend spent looking at the many stalls at the Christmas Markets, theres nothing better than retreating to the sanctuary of your own home. Why not take a long, hot bubble bath before bed? With a warm and fluffy personalised bathrobes from Christy, snuggle in and treasure time spent at home, secluded and relaxed. pull on your soft cashmere Christy socks.
- Flavoured Coffees. Hot Chocolates with extra cream & marshmallows, Gingerbread lattes, Pumpkin spiced lattes are just some of the Christy staffs decadently creamy favourites. We think these are the perfect way to re-fuel during or post festive shopping trips. With Autumn also brings the benefits of being able to chain-drink tea and coffee without feeling like you’re boiling your vital organs.
- Darker Mornings. Although some see this as a negative, at least the sun isn’t aggressively waking you up at 5am. Waking up gradually as the sun comes up rather than two hours prior to the alarm going off is far better, so you can continue enjoying those uninterrupted dreams…
- Heading home. The food has been eaten, the sparklers have been lit, and the fireworks are finished until next year! Thaw your frozen hands in front of a radiator (or an open fire if you’re lucky), change into your comfiest pyjamas and relax.
- Rainy days/ nights in with the children. We know that the Autumnal weather brings a mix of crisp days and wet days. Continue your adventures indoors with our new Junior Collection. Our new designs bring the outdoors indoors, enabling playtime to never stop! From woodland trails, to infinity and beyond, this collection has something for everyone. Made with 100% Cotton, this luxury range provides the perfect backdrop and resting ground for all explorers. Besides, who says that adventures should begin and finish outside.
- Leaves. Piles of vibrant reds, oranges, browns and yellow on every street corner. Trying to resist the temptation of walking along the streets and kicking them up one because you’re an adult and two because you don’t want to draw unwanted attention to yourself. Then theres the glossy, shiny, perfect conkers perfectly placed near the tallest of trees, just lazing about in the leaves and wondering if maybe, just maybe, you should make this the year you start collecting them again.
- Chunky knits. Apart from our knitted throws, we love throwing on those loose, knitted jumpers and everything about them. Just eaten a 17-course meal? No-one needs know. Growing a human? We can’t see it. Want layer up because no one knows what the British weather has up its sleeve, that winter knit has you covered. Tucked into skirts or worn loose with jeans? This Autumn favourite can do both.